Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Helping others really helps ourselves.

My wife and I are currently volunteering at a christian organization that helps men after recovering from addictions.  I want to give back for the years when others were helping me.  I have always wanted to help others even when I was so sick myself.  One way I have been able to help others is to just listen to other people that have fibro/cfs.  With the internet we can chat, e-mail, answer questions in an online support group from our homes.  I have been doing this for over 17 years now.  I have learned so much from others and feel that I may have helped them cope with these illnesses.  It really does take one to understand a hidden illness like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue.  As this blog states, I started my recovery from fibro/cfs in January 2011.  By the first week in September 2011 we were out volunteering at this ministry. 

We have known and helped support the director and his wife for many years through our church.  But to be able to help in a physical way is very rewarding.  God has used us in many ways over the years but then we were kind of sidelined when my fibro/cfs became incapacitating.  My wife took care of me for many years because I needed 24/7 care.  Now that my fibro/cfs is in recovery we are physically able to do more for God. 

As I started my recovery last year I was able to get my drivers license back after 16 years.  I left my wheelchair behind and got off most of the drugs that had been prescribed.  I had done support work through the Internet for many years and saw many people that appreciated my efforts.  Last fall we started a new phase in our service to others when we came to www.cvmutah.com to help.  We have grown and been blessed by our service to others and seeing these men develop and grow in the Lord is wonderful to be a part of this experience. 

We continue to come here in the mountains to help as needed.  We are currently serving a couple of weeks so the directors wife could go and visit here daughter and grandson.  My wife cooks and I help the men with vocational training and daily living learning.  We spent a day north of here helping to finish an auditorium and entry for a church.  I was able to install much of the drop ceiling during a long day.  We teach the men that are here about many vocational experiences through helping others.  Last fall we helped a man that had part of his home burn in a fire.  This ministry gives helping hands to many other christian groups along with individuals.  Through our labor we teach the men physical work that they will take with them the rest of their lives. 

We spend time in bible study each day with the men with a desire to teach them not to do things only for themselves but for others.  Learning how to do it "the right way" the way the boss (staff that have more experience) is tough for men to learn because they have lived their adult lives pleasing themselves.  We hope to teach that our way is not God's way.  By serving others we help ourselves grow and become useful.  Have you volunteered lately.  Even from your home you can serve others through the Internet.  Be the example that God wants you to be.

I have a website called www.recoveryfromfibro.com that has many articles that are beneficial to people with fibro/cfs or people that love them.  There is also a place to ask questions that may concern you about fibro/cfs and the recovery that I have had.  I also have a facebook page called http://www.facebook.com/#!/recoveryfromfibro that also has lots of info for fibro/cfs people.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jerry hey I respect your input. I was told my stress has been happening over time which I assume gave me this unrelenting fatigue. I was an over doer and poor nutrition. My cortisol is elevated with low kidney function. I've had 6 surgeries,4 of them peridontal, the last peridontalI went into shock as I started bleeding after they stitched the tissue back my brain thought I was going to die.

    Again I value your input.


    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you have interesting post! i'm definitely going to thanks you! Thankyou for your info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Fibromyalgia Community? Our members will appreciate it.
    Members include: Those living Fibro, Family and Friends, Experts, Support Groups.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often as you like.
    The Fibromyalgia Community: http://www.vorts.com/fibromyalgia/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a commonality among the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome that affects those who suffer from the condition. While many of the symptoms are similar the way they affect one person may be quite different from the affects felt by another person. Chronic Fatigue Symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DONE FOR MY DAUGHTER?
    My daughter suffered from fibromyalgia for more than 12 years which we started experiencing in her when she turned 8 year and 5 months we all thought it will end but got even worse as days went by. We tried all several treatments and therapy prescribed by various doctors we met but to no avail, she always complain of joint stiffness, and have difficulty falling asleep. She usually tells me she feeling tired. This were steady disorder that disrupted her entire life, even at night she slept less because of this.It was during a casual conversation with a friend that i learned about Dr Williams herbal medicine I was able to contact him on his email address. and give him all the necessary information that he needed,few day later he sent me the herbal portion and his medicine was able to restore her back to normal and she is very okay now without any side effects whatsoever. If you have fibromyalgia, do not hesitate to contact him on drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product. I hope this also helps someone out there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete