Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Recent Update

Well we are over a year since I started my recovery from fibro.  Life is so much different now than when I started.  If you have not read my story, take a look at the oldest post and see how difficult life was for me.  Now God has given us new purpose in life.  As my body has begun to recover from fibro/cfs, I have been able to do things that I never though would be possible for me again.  I am volunteering my time to help others not only with physical problems but emotional and spiritual as well.  We have been working since labor day weekend at a ministry that helps men that have live a life of substance abuse.  We volunteer at at Vocational Residential facility that teaches the men to become responsible and productive members of society.  Because I can now get around I have helped in all phases of this work and am right at home teaching life skills, like how to balance a checkbook and how to use a computer. 

My wife loves to cook so she does the cooking and helps with that side of the work.  We also are helping put together a boarding home for teen boys that are at risk of making some of the same mistakes.  I am doing the wiring for computers, phone lines, television and a security system.  I have other men that do most of the heavy work but I am able to plan out these systems and help install them in this new facility. 

I am still seeing the fibro doctor as needed but am able to manage my own on-going treatment because of what I have learned in the last year.  I am often asked if I am cured, I say "NO" but I live with only 10% of the symptoms and medical problems that I had only last year.  I continue to not "sell" anything because I want to help others and we all have had others try to sell a cure.  I do have a new medical support website that helps others with fibro/cfs do the same things I did to start their recovery from fibro.  BTW: That is the name of my website; RECOVERY FROM FIBRO.com.  If you are interested in learning how to start your recovery, just start reading then come to my website and see what advice is available there.  I have many articles about the most important topics for people with fibro/cfs.  I also have a place there that you can ask questions.  I will research the answer and if it's not available to me Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum will answer your question.

The year of 2011 has been amazing for me, I went from being very sick to having a wonderful life.  It was expensive, but I would do it again if necessary.  Spend some time reading and see what life was like for me before I started this recovery.  I had a friend ask me "So how is what your doing working for you?".  Most of us could say that it isn't working, if you are like I was, it was a downward spiral.  But because I was willing to try something different and out of the normal mainstream medicine, I have a amazing life again.

Jerry

See my new website dedicated to help others with fibro/cfs find their RECOVERY FROM FIBRO/CFS.

No comments:

Post a Comment